|This quest has the potential of being a major headache, but hopefully
you can avoid some of the mistakes I made:
1. Kill the halfling in the basement of the hut. The secret door is
behind the western bookcase.
2. Kill the ogre mage.
3. Next, you will need to kill the wizard. This is made especially difficult
because of the nature of the terrain. You will see what I mean when you
get there. The wizard is also surrounded by ogrillions and at least 30
or so kobold commandos. To make things worse, the wizard is a master of
the lightning and fireball spells. Fortunately, he also ends up hitting
most of his minions as well, so this can be helpful. The biggest problem
with this entire dungeon is its tight hallways. It is very difficult managing
your characters in here. And as you fumble around, the kobolds will be
firing 5 to 10 fire arrows into your party. Proceed with caution and use
fireball if you can.
4. A note on respawn: respawn in this area is massive. If you leave
an area for just a few seconds, that area will refill with kobold commandos
again. These kobolds may be weak, but their sheer numbers and their fire
arrows make this area quite a challenge.
5. I made the mistake of thinking I would have to come out the way I
came in. This is not true. As you move from area to area, keep on moving
forward or else you will be faced with respawn on both sides. If you have
the fireball spell, or the fire wand, it is very effective in clearing
out all the kobold commandos. Just keep moving.
6. Be sure to find the skeleton in the SE area of the dungeon and take
his armor. Return the armor to some ghosts in the same general area. They
will give you experience points and will disappear.
7. You will come out at Firewine Bridge. For the purpose of this guide,
however, I returned directly to Gullykin to finish up there. See below
for Firewine Bridge quests.